Philadelphia Sports Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/19/2016 7:38 pm  #1

Nerlens Noel

We wasted a 3rd OVERALL pick on this douchebag?

"I'm too good to be playing only 8 minutes."

Umm, no you're not.

Jettison his ass to the Knicks for a free basketball.

I'm on a rampage.  You just KNOW Handzus is going to wiggle his hips on this one and disagree.

12/19/2016 7:47 pm  #2

Re: Nerlens Noel

They need to dump this clown for a bag of peanuts.  He IS a waste...

12/19/2016 9:18 pm  #3

He was right about being too good to play 8 minutes. He's better than Okafor who continues to start next to Embiid and get minutes. I don't think he handled himself in a way that was beneficial to himself or the team and I don't believe for a minute that his non-benching/benching isn't punitive. 

12/20/2016 7:32 pm  #4

handz,

His benching is entirely punitive.  He had ELECTIVE surgery against team advice, choose to rehab away from the team and attended no off season functions, not even promo photos.  

I agree he's a better fit with Embiid.  But he was a pussy cry baby. He must have gotten his advice from Sam Bradford...

12/20/2016 8:16 pm  #5

What do you guys think will happen when Simmons comes on board - as a GUARD, no less!!

I see a bright future, AND another top 5 pick THIS YEAR.

12/24/2016 2:22 pm  #6

pan,

I'd rather see them trade Okafor than Noel.  they still need a shooter as Elyasova is on the last year of his deal.

The future is bright.  Remember they also hold the option on the Lakers pick (unless it's a Top 3) AND the option to  trade places with Sacramento if they get a better draft position.  Here's a look at their draft holdings for the next three years.  Okafor would get them another 1st rounder somewhere.

• 1st round pick – 76ers or Kings (Sixers get better of their own pick or Kings pick).
  • 1st round pick – Lakers (unless it falls in the top 3, then it becomes unprotected in 2018).
  • 2nd round pick – The most favorable pick out of Golden State, New York, Detroit, and Utah.
  • 2nd round pick – The least favorable pick out of Golden State, New York, Detroit, and Utah.

• 1st round pick – 76ers
  • 2nd round pick – 76ers
  • 2nd round pick – Nets or Cavs (whichever is better)
  • 2nd round pick – Clippers or Knicks (whichever is better)

• 1st round pick – 76ers
  • 1st round pick – Kings (unprotected)
  • 2nd round pick – 76ers
  • 2nd round pick – Bucks or Kings (whichever is better)
  • 2nd round pick – Knicks

Drafting a shooter and or backup point guard is imperative...

Last edited by phoggy (12/24/2016 2:23 pm)

12/26/2016 7:38 pm  #7

Trust the Process.

The Lakers' pick seems like a solid bet to convey this year, in what's considered a very good draft. They should be able to add some talent to the backcourt this year one way or another. 

12/27/2016 1:00 pm  #8

handz,

I'm hoping the Sixers/Kings gets a top 3 & the Lakers get to #4.  You can trade okafor for a pick next year or even three years down the road.

In all Hinkie left them in a good place with cap room to spare...

1/01/2017 10:27 pm  #9

Okay Handzus, i'll trust the process.

2/15/2017 3:43 am  #10

http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

Board footera