Philadelphia Sports Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/21/2015 12:26 pm  #41

Re: Holy Shit! This is EVEN WORSE That Any Of Us Could Have Imagined

Things like Adam Morgan starting today are what keep me interested in the major league team. I don't know how he's going to do and his stuff isn't back to what is was pre-injury, but it's good to see him getting a start. 

Agonizing is a good word to describe what it's like to follow the team day-to-day. I'm not sure Sandberg is going to finish the season. When Utley of all people shows you up publicly I can't imagine that he has any support in the locker room. 

As for Ruf, sadly I just don't care anymore. I wanted to see him get everyday ABs a couple years ago but he's not young anymore; he's almost 29. He hasn't hit RHP at all going back to last year so he's looking like a platoon 1B, and the lesser "half" of the platoon as well. Basically John Mayberry without the defense or baserunning. 

In good news, the Phillies are sending their two highest picked college draftees to Lakewood; an aggressive assignment. Promotions are starting to happen around the system. In bad news, Roman Quinn is out until August with a hip injury. He was really on a roll at the time too. 

6/21/2015 12:31 pm  #42

handz,

That incident someone should have been let go the next day.  The BP coach was friggin' asleep.  Mclure can't figure out to call time out and send a bat boy out to the BP?  Really.

This starts at the top with Rube the clueless Boob.  Sandberg may be a poor manager but when you have an incompetent boss things go weird.  I know.  I just quit my job because I had a knucklehead for a boos who couldn't make the correct decision if God almighty told him.

Rube the Boob is very similar...

6/27/2015 2:46 pm  #43

handz,

How about Sandberg taking a dump on the Phils front office.  He knew he was out and just said "Phuck this job!"  Gillick and Rube the Boob had no answers and looked shell shocked as Sandberg said "I quit!"

Now if only Rube the Boob has as much courage...

6/27/2015 5:24 pm  #44

I wish him the best. He seems like a nice guy and I'm glad that I don't have to root for him to get fired now. He was just an awful manager. And this might save de Fratus' arm from falling off. 

I don't really worry about Rube anymore. He's not doing anything important without approval from Gillick and now it seems like MacPhail is coming on board. Ruben hasn't made many mistakes in the last few years, aside from hiring Sandberg. I think there's already a date on his calendar circled where he'll be officially "re-assigned". 

6/29/2015 7:49 pm  #45

Handz and Phoggy, in related news, Sandberg will NEVER manage on the major league level again.

He phucked up and did it the wrong way - he "quit" on the team.

7/01/2015 12:09 pm  #46

I think you're right, Pan. A guy can get a second managing job if he has a bad record with a bad team. But if he walks out on said team because he's tired of losing, that rubs a lot of people the wrong way. 

7/03/2015 8:13 am  #47

Guys,

I think he realized he isn't cut out to manage a bunch of millionaires.  He has older values on approaching the game.  No one was going to suceed with what was given to him.  I'm hopeful that Middleton tells MacPhail that Rube the Boob is out of the organization completely.  They need a break from the 'good ole boyz' mentaility.

I will pop,open a champagne bottle the day the Boob is let go...

Happy 4th of July!

7/08/2015 6:45 pm  #48

handz,

Telling comment by Ruin about Utley.  Hernandez is now the 2nd baseman.  I would have had this conversation a month ago.  If his ankle was injured in January then why the hell did they start him in the cold months.  That's about the stupidest thing you could do. 

These kids have some talent.  Let them PLAY!!!  Dump the Big Piece of Shyt.  Say goodbye to Dumb Brown.  Get kids who want to play.

Well there won't be a Ruin Tomorrow much longer...

7/09/2015 12:26 pm  #49

I'm not sold on Cesar as an everyday player yet (not sure if he's good enough defensively or has enough pop) but he's earned a chance to prove himself. Rube seems like he's in "IDGAF" mode and just says whatever's on his mind, but his thinking makes sense on this one. I would let Cesar be the everyday guy as long as he's playing well. 

They haven't announced it but Rupp is more or less the starting catcher these days. They're regularly putting out lineups that have 7 starters 27 or younger, and up to 5 guys 25 or younger. It seems like Nola will get called up in a couple weeks too. The youth movement is on. 

7/13/2015 8:20 pm  #50

handz,

I'm not sold on him either but he's better than Utley right now.  I'd been advocating sitting Utley for 6 weeks already.  You could not let him get to 500 AB's for another year to option in. Rupp will get some time so they can bring Knapp and Grullon along slowly.  Knapp has sone offensive capabilities but I'm sure Grullon is their long term hope.  According to scouts he's almost MLB ready defensively - he needs to work on the offense.  Knapp is the other way around but doesn't seem built for catching (big guy).

Well, the count dwon begins on the Adios Cole, thanks for the momories tour.  I predict July 27...

7/14/2015 12:41 pm  #51

Agree on Grullon; he has a long way to go with the bat but his arm is a true elite weapon. His defense should get him to the high minors on its own so if he can hit at all, he could be the guy. Don't sleep on Gabriel Lino in AAA though. He's put himself back on the map this year even though there's still some rawness there. I could see him in the majors some time late next year, potentially. 

I have no idea when (or if) a Hamels trade is going to happen. But I hope we see some movement soon whether it's him or another vet. 

7/20/2015 8:03 pm  #52

handz,

Looks like Rube the boob has phucked up the Hamels deal by holding out too long.  hat a dope.  They thought they were in the cat birds seat and Hamels is now taking a dump.

Oh well...

7/26/2015 8:45 pm  #53

No Phoggy, I respectfully disagree.

I want Hamels back for this simple reason - we will be VERY GOOD next year.

But in order for that to happen, the Phillies need wins the rest of the way despite the fact we won't even finish .500.

Confidence begets wins.  Wins gets players in here and fans back in the seats.  And HOPE is all you need.

Hamels will be a part of that AND he wants to be here.

Nix any trades of Hamels.  We already have the players we need for next year - a core 6 of Revere, Galvis, Hernandez, Herrera, Blanco, and Franco with perhaps one of these next 4 (Rupp, Brown, Asche, and Ruf) joining them.

With Howard being the lone veteran holdover from the Championship team, and perhaps keeping Francoeur around, this team will be turning it around.  All you needed was HITTING, and the Phillies have that now - look at their last 30 games versus the first 50 and you'll see the difference.

7/27/2015 9:38 pm  #54

Pan,

What are u smoking?  Thismteam will blow for 3 more years minimum.  I disagree completely.  Trade Hamels as long as you get 1 true MLB ready prospect.  i'd prefer a good corner outfielder or catcher and then two mid level,pitching prospects.

schwarber of the Cubs would work.  even play him at 1B or LF.  they have some catching prospects. But....

rube the Boob is still involved and I know he'll phuck it up...

8/14/2017 6:21 pm  #55

max,

What total nonsense.  The Nazi's calculated the burning capacity of the ovens.  The memo was from 1943.

But then I won't belabor it anymore.  Simply, what happened to 6 million Jews?  Really where did they go?

Board footera